It was painful to have worked and lived in so many different bubbles:
- Worked in SF during the dot.com bubble burst.
- Worked in NYC during the Great Financial Crisis.
- Worked in Houston during the Oil bubble crash.
I started to question if investing in the stock market was even worth it.
How are we going to survive and thrive when there are so many investment bubbles?
There are so many things we can't control.
We can't control the stock market,
We can't control the economy,
Heck, we can't even control our kids!
Then I discovered the investment patterns in my chaotic work and investment life:
I can control my mindset and my actions.
- With every bubble burst, it forced me into action, to pivot and go into a new direction for the better. Left investment banking and moved to NYC for a new dream career at a hedge fund. Find the good in tragedy.
- It hurts to lose money, but we have always made more money than we have lost. Risk and reward.
- Every downturn hurts. The pain pushed me to up my game and became a portfolio manager at a hedge fund, and the pain pushed me to expand my skills and went back to school (CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNING ™ credential) I learned to appreciate the pain.
- The experience has taught me you can’t ignore the cycle, invest in your dips and it pays to be early. Think of endings as new beginnings.
As Oprah Winfrey told 2013 Harvard Graduates "Failure is Just Life Trying to Move Us in Another Direction".
During COVID I was in control of my career, had the credentials, and experience to start my own financial planning and investment firm to help others navigate the complexities and the ups and downs of our financial and investment lives.
This is a newsletter about abundance and how you can build a better financial future for yourself, your family.
If you or a loved one going through a major financial transition (such as divorce or loss of a loved one) please reach out to me.
Your Friendly Wealth Engagement Guide,
Wealth Engagement LLC
3715 Northside Pkwy NW
Building 100 - Suite 500
Atlanta, GA 30327
Office: (404) 795 - 6124 / (917) 826 - 5955
Disclaimer: All information provided is for educational purposes only and does not constitute investment, legal or tax advice, or an offer to buy or sell any security.