As I reflect on the year, I had some twists and turns in my journey just like driving on Mullholland Drive in L.A.
The rich lessons I learned:
- How to turn something negative into something positive.
- It doesn’t pay to chase a theme regarding my position in energy.
- It does pay not to sell when everyone else was selling during the summer. I stayed focused on the long-term fundamentals.
- It pays to be a contrarian. I bought on the dip for my clients - it was the hardest thing for me to do this summer, but it paid off well.
As I plan and invest for 2023, one of the best things I will continue to do is to write.
My friends in California asked me why I write these posts, what does it do for my business?
Because we all know:
- Money is emotional
- Money can cause contention
- Money can bring up negative feelings
I’ve discovered that writing helps:
- People to get to know me and see if they like how I think.
- Explore the world around me and share ideas and lessons I've learned along the way.
- Writing also helps me clarify my thoughts about what I think is the most important thing.
In a recent email from my writing coach https://www.andrewbryder.com/,
“What’s the one thing I can do, such that by doing it, will make everything else easier or unnecessary?”
My dream is for more women to get more comfortable with investing, making decisions and investing in themselves.
There are a lot of ups and downs in life, but getting through each challenge with a plan and not blowing up makes me a better mom, business owner and investor.
I have created a platform and invested in it.
I'm grateful for the new friends and new connections I have made through this weekly post.
These good investment decisions compound.
My dream is for others to have this confidence and enjoy the benefits of compounding.
I will try something new this year… even if it means I might fail.
Come along and join me on the journey!!
What is the one thing you want to focus on this year?
Happy New Year!
Your Friendly Wealth Engagement Guide,
Disclosures: Past performance is not indicative of future results. This material is not financial advice or an offer to sell any product. The information contained herein should not be considered a recommendation to purchase or sell any particular security. Forward-looking statements cannot be guaranteed.
This commentary offers generalized research, not personalized investment advice. It is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a complete description of our investment services or performance. Nothing in this commentary should be interpreted to state or imply that past results are an indication of future investment returns. All investments involve risk and, unless otherwise stated, are not guaranteed. Be sure to consult with an investment & tax professional before implementing any investment strategy. Investing involves risk. Principal loss is possible.