Woke up Monday with my regular to-do list.
My biggest challenge this week.
Trying to get women to come to my in-person investment seminar.
As much as I love to educate people on the market and investing,
I discovered many affluent women have more important things to do or are completely overwhelmed.
I get it.
This makes me sad and frustrated.
So I canceled the seminar.
I feel like a complete failure.
My goals are not the goals of my clients.
But I want women to survive, thrive, and live well!
But then I learn the most important lesson in business as I’m reading my new favorite book by Josh Weltman, co-producer of Mad Men, Seducing Strangers.
In Josh’s career in advertising, he never felt he was creating the answer to the problem.
The solution is always in the process of discovery.
The problem with getting started with investing is:
- Money is emotional,
- People are not comfortable with sharing their biggest fears,
- Some folks have egos, but
- Most of us worry that we won't have enough because that’s how our brains are conditioned.
I know because I had all of the problems above just a few years ago.
As a result, I had huge anxiety.
What did I do?
I went on a journey and discovered that it’s ok to be vulnerable.
The more open I was with asking people why they did what they did,
the more people shared with me their journey.
- A woman realized she wanted to focus on health, so she went back to school and became a hygienist in her late 40s!!
- A woman who ran a huge real estate investment company had to raise money for her projects during 2008-2009 downturn. She focused on the uniqueness of her investment strategy and was successful in raising the money.
- A woman who wanted to grow and scale her business beyond the Houston market figured out a way to create a system that gave her national presence.
These examples of others making tough and risky decisions helped me realize the more we focus on working towards what we want, the less risk there is in achieving it, and the more realistic our goal can become and be within reach.
It's the Law of Attraction.
The first hurdle to getting anything you want is just putting it down on a piece of paper.
The next step might be to talk about it with someone.
If you are struggling with making a decision to get to the next step, email me, and we can discuss it!
Your Friendly Wealth Engagement Guide,
CANCELED - Tuesday evening, August 30th.
Disclosures: Past performance is not indicative of future results. This material is not financial advice or an offer to sell any product. The information contained herein should not be considered a recommendation to purchase or sell any particular security. Forward-looking statements cannot be guaranteed.
This commentary offers generalized research, not personalized investment advice. It is for informational purposes only and does not constitute a complete description of our investment services or performance. Nothing in this commentary should be interpreted to state or imply that past results are an indication of future investment returns. All investments involve risk and unless otherwise stated, are not guaranteed. Be sure to consult with an investment & tax professional before implementing any investment strategy. Investing involves risk. Principal loss is possible.